Looking for writing inspiration? Do you want to break through writer’s block? Look no further than Tumblr.
There are thousands of writing prompts on Tumblr which you can use to inspire you next story. One quick Google search will connect you to several Tumblr blogs with a selection of prompts to choose from.
However, there’s a big difference between a writing prompt and a good writing prompt so we took some time to scour Tumblr for 10 of our favourites. Here they are in no particular order:
1. Use the following to make a story:
Genre: Young Adult
Person: A bored inventor
Problem: It’s been raining for 1 month with no signs of stopping.
2. A woman prophesied to give birth to the "Chosen One" gives birth to triplets instead.
3. You have the ability to see into the past. You can only observe past events, not change them. You’re helping the police solve a murder. As you’re describing what happened, the killer suddenly turns around and seems to look you straight in the eye. “I know you’re watching”.
4. You’re strapped to a table. Surrounded by cultists. They’ve summoned their demonic deity and are preparing to sacrifice you. You’ve decided to go all-in on the only way out you have left. Make the demon an offer the cultists can’t match.
5. Write a story about a taco truck that engages in some shady, supernatural dealings.
Unleash your inner author
Download Daily Prompt to get thousands of high-quality prompts at your finger prints, a passionate writing community, and competitions with cash prizes.